What is Community Service?
Our Community Service Program is a year round, ongoing program. Members have a choice to take home materials for making a quilt, or you may use fabric from your own stash to make a quilt. You could help cut fabric for our blocks; sign up to make quilt deliveries, sew on bindings or even help us by quilting a quilt. We encourage each member of our Guild to get involved. There are several projects available for you to pick up on a monthly basis. Just come by the table at one of our meetings and choose a project to take home.
Different projects you may want to help us with:
- Making blocks for Block Party.
- Quilt tops assembled with backing and batting are also available each month. Take the quilt home, quilt it and return it to our table.
- Sewing bindings on quilts. Some of us like to bind and if that is your talent take an unbound quilt home and return it when finished.
- If you desire, you may also make a quilt from start to finish. It is your choice.
- Be sure and check out all of the new opportunities that we have available for you each month.
Community service committee meets nearly every Wednesday from 9:30am to 2pm at the Center Joint Unified School District Office. We sew, cut fabric and put quilts together. Everyone is welcome. Sometimes the location for our sew day changes but we always have advanced notification.
Contact Lois Ann Kellam.